How to Give Feedback to Clarke Design
Giving feedback about your website design is vital to ensure that you get the best out of your online business and website. You need to be precise about your thoughts and convey this to us in the best manner to ensure that we understand your thoughts and can act accordingly. Vague and subjective feedback comments are not helpful and usually just confuse the situation.
There should always be a balance of constructive criticism and factual feedback provided in a timely and effective manner to allow Clarke Website Design to help you best.
We all want the best out of your website, so taking a few moments longer to help explain a given opinion, explain your thoughts or give details of a problem is beneficial to both parties.
Here are a few guidelines as to how you can make the best out of our relationship.
Focus on What's Important
Whilst we realise that every component of your website is very important to you, you need to focus on what's important to your online visitors, customers and readers. Some things are more important than others.
- Changing a photograph of one bowl of fruit to another won't convince someone to part with their hard earned cash
- Changing the subtle hue of green on your page background to a different shade of green will go unnoticed
- Adding in some additional customers testimonials will help your customers to believe in you
- Improving the benefits of your products and services will help people need the products you are selling
- Converting features to benefits will help with your conversion rate
You must try to focus on the important content of your website and don't get lost in the unnecessary details of the site design.
Great site design is what you are paying Clarke Website Design for, so please put a little faith in us and trust us when they say that the bowl of fruit photograph is just fine where it is.
Don't Get Distracted
Try not to get too distracted by the cosmetics of your website and focus instead on what will add value to it and turn your casual visitors in paying customers. Avoid the minor cosmetic details and focus on the content.
- Avoid: Can you make my logo 3 pixels bigger
- Avoid: Can you change that picture of the woman on the telephone to a man on a telephone
- Avoid: That page link is just the wrong shade of pink
We are not Alone
Remember when you are giving feedback on your website to be realistic about the timescales of turnaround of your comments. What might seem like a two minute tweak to you might actually take a few hours in reality.
You must also remember that if you've taken six weeks to give the feedback and comments to us that we are very busy people. As much as it will pain you to admit, we do have other clients and customers and are not sat waiting around for your three comments.
The quicker you can react to our drafts, changes and proposals for your website, the quicker we will be in reviewing and acting upon them. If you take your time in giving feedback, your project focus may go off the boil as our attention is moved to another project.
We are here to help
We are here to help you but do need some guidance along the way.
The look and feel of a website design is very subjective; what looks great to one person may not look great to another. However what really matters are the important things that your customers are going to focus upon like:
- Intuitive navigation
- Textual content
- Benefits to your customers
- Product selection and product range / options
- A superb photo of the left handed widget you sell
Try to focus on the ultimate goal of your website and not on the intricate details of the design. Leave that to the guidance and expertise that you are asking from Clarke Website Design.